Customer Care Challenges, and what is the “New Normal”?
1 mins read
With the rampant spread of COVID-19, customer care leaders are taking unprecedented business continuity actions to overcome the constraints primarily driven by the shortage of contact center agents.
Not to forget, most organizations had formal “Business Continuity” and “Disaster Recovery” processes. However, these so-called BC and DR processes were highly influenced to recover IT assets, and they were not much about people’s availability concerns.
Following are some of my observations of the challenges that customer care leaders are dealing with:
- – Agent availability concerns
- – “Work-from-home” setup, compliance and governance
- – Corporate employees taking over some of the voice and email workloads
- – Chat BOTs continue to bring customer frustrations
- – Deflecting voice calls to email/chat options
- – Attempting to develop makeshift customer self-service solutions
- – A large number of un-subscription requests via non-voice channels with no good ways to retain/up/cross-sell
Instead of focusing on interim issues, in this article, I am hoping to divert our attention to the “New Normal” and to challenge the “This is only way” thinking. Following are some of my key points in this regard:
- – Companies who have been working on customer self-service automation need a candid discussion with business solutions and IT to expedite.
- – Security paranoid IT leaders need to rethink the right balance where remote agents can deliver exceptional performance without jeopardizing information security.
Why customers are still sharing confidential info with the agents either:
- – To authenticate if they are talking to a legit person or
- – To get credit card number or SSN to subscribe to a new service.
Unfortunately, most fortune 100 subscription companies are doing this, from cable TV to airlines and more.
And finally, when COVID-19 subsides, should customer care leaders go back to ‘old ways of doing things’ or become an author of their “New Normal”?
Text Analytics: The Game-changer for Business Innovation and Competitive Supremacy
Over 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are generated every day and 80% of it is unstructured. Amidst this data deluge lies a treasure trove of ...
5 Ways to improve your Marketing ROI with Text Analytics
For a very long time, even before the technology advanced as today, we have used text analytics in many of our operations. For example, the...
The Power of Predictive Analytics in Business Intelligence (BI)
This blog post explains how predictive analytics can help businesses make informed decisions and gain a competitive edge. Introduc...
Two Heads Are Better Than One: How Data and Cross-Functional Teams Get the Job Done
As the digital universe expands, data reigns supreme and collaboration is the trusted partner that helps unlock its full potential. When yo...
Strategies for Evaluating and Comparing Business Intelligence Tools: Key Factors to Consider
This blog post offers advice on selecting the best business intelligence tools for your organization, considering factors such as cost, sca...
Advances in Analytics
With artificial intelligence so much in the news recently (perhaps too much in the news!) many people have been asking what it means for bu...